"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Lonny Mag


To cheer me up while watching the rain this morning,  I drank my latte and spent time with my good friend Lonny magazine.  If anything is going to cheer me up from this horrible spring we're having, it's a latte and a good magazine!  Sorry, I really needed to vent about the weather.  Anyway, I fell in love with Lonny Editorial Assistant Ellie Somerville's fantastic rental suite in NYC.  I am always drawn to rooms that have a good mix of traditional and modern pieces.  They always feel effortless, fun and fresh. 


love the drapes from Calico Corners


love the mix of an antique chair with a modern parsons table from West Elm


gorgeous tables




the rug is a steal from Ikea


No comments:

Post a Comment