"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Sarah is back

Did anyone catch the first episode of this seasons Sarah's House?  This season she is busy adding her own touches, with Tommy's help, to a builders basic home in the suburbs.  It's a great way to show people how they can add custom touches to a home that looks like everyone else's on the block.  Whether it's changing the lighting or taking a wall out Sarah shows you how you can use your upgrade budget wisely to create a custom look.  Can you spot the sneak peek of the kitchen?  Looking forward to that episode!







4 comments:

  1. I think tackling a suburban home is awesome. It's easy to design a fabulous century home with tons of character in the city. I imagine that at least half her audience lives in the burbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darnnit!!! I'll have to set my PVR. I bet she's as awesome as always. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! I loved this large room! Sarah and Tommy are knocking my socks off already and it has only been 2 weeks!!! I love this WAY more than Sarah 101 :)
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete