"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reflecting on 2011

Wow, I can't believe how quickly 2011 came and went and all the exciting things that I experienced this past year.  I have met so many amazing people and  I am truly grateful for all the support and new friendships I have made along the way.  Some of the highlights for me in 2011 included getting my website up and running which has been such a positive step for my business.  As well as being published in BC Home magazine, I mean, what a dream come true!  I have been blessed with so many opportunities and I am looking forward to all the new adventures to come in 2012.  A few things that I will be working on in 2012 are four bathroom renovations that I will document along the way and share with you the ins and outs of how they all come together.  I will also continue to share my living room makeover, yes it's STILL not done but it's getting there!  I am also working on a playroom and turning it into more of a chill out space instead of a toy room now that the kids are getting older.  And last but not least I will be featured in BC Home magazine for a very, very small powder room.  Here's to another exciting year ahead!


A little peak of the powder room


photos by Tracey Ayton


My living room bench I am reupholstering in this lovely olive velvet fabric








7 comments:

  1. Yes, you have had a very exciting year, and I'm sure 2012 will be amazing for you as well... keep that momentum going! Glad that I was able to meet you last year Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Andrea! You are amazingly talented and I'm so excited to see all the great successes coming your way! You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are lovely, and the X stool rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the powder room, can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a successful 2011 Andrea. I can't wait to see what you do this year. I am dying to get a better view of the bathroom...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I have missed some pretty awesome posts of yours ......... I swear I subscribed to your blog, I guess I did something wrong. Anyways, I'll try again. What an amazing living room you have created. The Christmas decorations look fabulous! I wish I caught you while they were up, I would have loved to do a quick little shoot for a Christmas scout just for you to have. Perhaps next year.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tracey! That would have been really sweet of you, definitely next year. The room is still not done but it's getting there!

    ReplyDelete